Monday, August 2, 2010

Painting again!

After looking at my empty (well almost empty...) canvas for over a month, I finally went into my art-room today and started to paint again! Yippee!!!!!! :o) and I feel so much better already! [Congreatulations Susi B!!!]
I was feeling like I was beginning to slip into an uncomfortable position of avoiding things, watching TV, and starting to feel lazy and unproductive and just awful...and I was really needing something to kick me into action.......when all i really had to do was walk into my art-room and start!
Well, that's what i did today, I just walked in there and started, no excuses, no fear, no anxiety - just picked up the brushes and paint and got going.....and the best part was that I consciously started to trust myself and experiment with colours; trying to get a good base colour for the skin tones and shading, literally by just putting the paint on the canvas and mixing it as I go and just going with it.....I took a few photos along the way to compare and see what it looked like (I find I can get a better idea of what to do if I see the images on the camera, and of course, eventually on the computer!)

I'll load up a few shots here...


and I'll keep you posted....

No comments:

Post a Comment