Friday, July 9, 2010

My Art Sudy...

Fresh Blog - Fresh Start!

My Art Story....

it started when I was 4yrs old and it promptly stopped after I went to school at around 5yrs old. My Art story started young because I was fortunate enough to have older sisters who introduced me to the joy of expressing myself through making marks on paper...it ended as soon as I was given the idea by my first grade teacher that it wasn't acceptable to draw while she was talking....viewed by her as another form of daydreaming I expect....it wasn't because I lacked interest in what she had to say, but rather because I was bored!
My enthusiastic older sisters had also taught me a lot of other stuff besides drawing, like writing my name, the alphabet, simple arithmetic, and spelling that turned out to be way beyond a level one grade student....but instead of my 'talent' or 'skills' being recognised, I was sternly counselled and consequently labelled as a 'trouble-maker' and someone who needed to be controlled!

Unfortunately, it took me over 3 decades before I dared to 'play' with my pencils again!

Now my motto is: 'Love, Know and Do' which is about all you can aspire for in any modality or craft you choose to practise; Love what you do, Know a little about it or study all you can to learn more and Do it, do it, do it, as much as you can!
So now it is time to sort out my work into some sort of order, categorise it and digitally record it, hence my art study begins!

enjoy yourself,
do what you love and you'll love what you do!

Susi B

No comments:

Post a Comment