Thursday, July 15, 2010

Re-enrolled!

Well, I've taken the plunge and re-enrolled in my BA (Arts) course @ Curtin (online through Open Uni)

I was hesitating because I value my relative 'freedom' from 'having' to comply to deadlines with essays and assignments etc. but on the other hand I continue to love to learn and thrive on the inherent need to be busy!

....so, I have enrolled in VIS18 - Introduction to Visual Culture, because I cannot avoid it any longer, as in, I would prefer to just do the practical subjects like, drawing (done it!), printing (done it!) and painting (yet to do) but figure I can't go much further without having at least a 'little' look into the History of the culture of Art.....and much to my surprise, the little look I've had so far has been enjoyable and very interesting.
 This unit addresses the following topics.

Topics in VIS 18

Number Topic
1 Ancient Greece
2 Indian Art
3 Chinese and Japanese Art
4 Islamic Art
5 Gothic Art
6 The Renaissance
7 The Reformation and Counter Reformation
8 Neo-classicism
9 Romanticism
10 Realism to Impressionism
11 Expressionism
12 Modernism
 

No comments:

Post a Comment